Pages

July 27, 2016

The Journey

Wow! It’s been over four years since I added to this blog. For the last three years, I’ve been deepening into spiritual studies at the Center for Joyful Living in Wilmington, DE. The last two of those years were specialized studies to become a Religious Science of Mind Practitioner. I passed a grueling written exam and am now in the internship phase of my studies, using affirmative prayer in coaching sessions with clients. I’ve come a long way since avoiding eye contact while saying affirmations at Agape! I understand much more about how the Universe works, how my thoughts create my reality. Applying that knowledge, consistently, in a way that makes a substantive difference in my life has been more challenging, but I’ve made definite progress.

I’ve decided to chronicle my growth in this blog, using written assignments and projects from my classes. It’s not a journey for the faint of heart, but well, well worth the discomfort. I unwind, release, expand – peeling away the layers, always more and never less than my true self. If you’re up for it, I’d love to have you join me!

The first class I took was Foundations of Science of Mind, which I cannot recommend enough! I’m actually jealous of people who take it for the first time – the moments of insight and revelation bubbled up from within me like a long dormant geyser, washing me in amazement and leaving me awestruck. It seemed they were coming faster than I could keep track of them! It really was an incredible experience.

I had to work harder for the insights in successive classes – the heart work involved painful investigation into my unconscious beliefs and (in my case) tearful release.  The meltdowns took a toll on my work productivity, on my relationship; I’ve had to really practice self-forgiveness. I still trip up on occasion, but I am much, much further along than I was when I started. I’m still moving forward with the journey – it’s much too important to give up on. In fact, it’s all that matters.

This is my final project from Foundations class, the video Ode to Abundance. My niece Noelle is the first voice singing Karen Drucker’s “I Am So Blessed,” and an old friend of mine from college who does professional voiceover work in New York City narrates the poem. (I’m speaking in the beginning.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment